Edit: I really did start this post on Friday this time. But then due to some technical difficulties including my phone sending gray images instead of the pictures I took and my computer driving me nutso, I had to take a break from it all. :)
1. I introduced Christina Bainbridge's Partner Reading Party activities. This is just what my kiddos needed to amp up Read to Someone. I will admit that Read to Someone has never been my favorite part of Daily 5 because it's so easy for them to get off task and not actually be reading. With these materials I have seen a huge increase in on task reading behaviors and I love hearing their conversations! I have all the materials each partner pair needs in a cute little basket.
2. I posted before about how we started letter writing - here's my cute little mailbox that the kiddos put their letters in. I got it years ago as part of an art set. They love to put their letters inside and then put the flag up.
3. As we move on in our Economy unit we started making the lovely Amber Polk's Economy Lapbook. I have to admit this is my first lapbook experience and I love it! I can't wait to use more!
4. This week we finished our shape unit. I love teaching about shapes - so much fun and so much deep thinking! Here are our shape creation pictures - I think they are so stinking cute! The shape posters are FREE from 2nd Grade Math Maniac.
5. Yesterday was an Early Release day and we had staff development in the afternoon. We spent our time studying Disciplinary Literacy. After reading articles and watching videos each team had to post/share their findings using linoit.com - an online corkboard/sticky note program. I fell in love with the website and all that you can do with it. My brain is buzzing thinking of ways to use it in my classroom. Here is my next story of the week with a few things that I will have my kiddos help me fill in.
That's it for now! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)