I'm linking up with Five For Friday.
1. This week we continued our study of prefixes. I used this Prefix Unit from Mercedes Hutchens. It was fabulous!
2. I'm happy to admit I'm a bit ahead of the game - I have already made my valentines! I of course found the idea on pinterest. I still need to attach the label to some of them but I think they are super cute! I have a thing for mustaches and the lips are fun too!
3. Last night after dinner with one of my dear friends and her boys we did a little shopping. We went to Five Below, a store where everything is $5 and below. I should have NEVER stepped inside. Too many neat things! Here's my loot:
Stretchy Bands - I have been wanting to try the idea from this pin, putting a theraband around a chair for students to push against with their feet, supposedly good for kids with ADHD. Therabands are not cheap so I was excited when I found them at Five Below. Below is my blurry picture of testing it out with one of my dining room chairs. I'm going to take them to school Monday and try them out with a few kiddos, I'll let you know how it goes.
Mad Libs Junior - My kiddos LOVE Mad Libs. We do them for special occasions, like birthdays or "celebrations".
USB Wall Chargers - Since I have 2 ipod touches and an ipad that I use at school I always feel like I need to charge something. I have PLENTY of the white USB cords but I was transporting the wall plug-ins back and forth from home, these are a great solution to be able to leave chargers both places.
4. FREEBIE - I made some February Task Cards to use at Morning Meeting. The leader will pull the card from behind the calendar number and then answer the question, lead the activity, etc. I did questions that are a review of prefixes, synonyms, geometry, place value, and friendship skills. Go grab yours now!
5. Who's ready for A SALE? Forget the Super Bowl, I'm ready to get some goodies!
Button by the fabulous Ashley Hughes
I know I only have one paid product in my store but I would be honored if you checked it out - Math Story Problem Book. It will be 20% off in my store, plus the extra 8% off when you check out, so go grab it!
Here are a few things in my cart:
Leanne Prince's Teacher Planner
Liz Olrich's Group Expectations Pack
Rachelle Smith's Why Do We Celebrate Valentine's Day Mini Unit
Don't forget to enter the code SUPER at checkout! Happy shopping!