Image Map

Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It {Linky Party}

Happy Monday! I'm finally linking up with 4th Grade Folics for Monday Made It. I've made A LOT of things to start off the new school year but sadly I haven't been awesome about taking pictures and blogging about them.



So I have this chair. It's the one I use on the carpet when I'm teaching mini-lessons. I found it my first year at Home Goods on clearance for $25. It's actually a lawn chair and had a crack down one of the arms but I knew it wasn't anything a little wood glue couldn't fix.

After 4 years of being loved, I noticed that the chair was starting to shift. I had already had our wonderful custodian help me tighten the screws one time. Sadly at the end of last year it completely fell apart. Like, one side of the chair just fell off.


My coworkers told me to throw it away and get a new one but I wasn't ready to give up yet! This chair is SO comfortable and I love it! I took it home and put it on my porch.

Yesterday my mom and I decided that we would try to fix it. We looked at it, realized it definitely needed some screws and bolts, but being the blondes that we are had no clue what kind.

So we took the chair to Home Depot, put it in a cart and pushed it inside the store to the hardware aisle. I was laughing the whole way. I'm pretty sure we provided lots of entertainment for everyone at Home Depot.


A nice Home Depot worker came and helped us figure out what exactly we needed. I'm sure he thought we were quite odd, especially when I took a picture and said I was going to blog about it. :)

After we got the right screws and bolts we took the chair home to my parents and fixed it up. There's still one spot that we couldn't find the right screw for but it's much sturdier and stays together. I'm excited to be able to use it again! I will be establishing a no kids sit in it rule. I want it to last me for many more years!


In more teacher related made it, I made a quick pick me up for my team this week. It's been a busy and somewhat stressful start to the school year and I thought we all needed a reminder to keep calm.

I got the lotion from the travel toiletries section of Target. It's called "Melt Away Stress: Lavender & Chamomile Lotion". I love the smell of it! 


I made the little tag, printed it and laminated it before attaching it to the lotion with washi tape.

The best part is, I'm sharing the label with you! Just click here for the download!

Have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Funny about your chair...glad you got it fixed up. I love the gift idea. I've been thinking of doing something for my coworkers this year too and this would be perfect!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep our local Lowes guys in stitches. One of my best buds from high school works there so everyone knows when "Sara's up to something".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pick-me-up you made for your team! So glad the adventure with your chair turned out well... Just found you today and am a new follower. Always glad to find a fellow second grade teacher blogger!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Julie! I'm very proud of your efforts, even if you had to humble yourself a bit at Home Depot. They probably loved it that you actually brought the chair in! Good job!
    I'm your newest follower. I love finding other 2nd grade blogs!
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete