Image Map

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Five For (Someday)

Yeah, I'm way late but I love Five for Friday so I'm going with the better late than never motto. :)



1. The main reason I had no time to post Friday or yesterday was that I was throwing my bestie's baby shower. We've been friends for a long time now and I was honored to be able to help her celebrate and prepare for the arrival of her soon to arrive son!

All 3 of my best friends are preggo! (I'm on the far right.) 

I spent a lot of time making cute things for the shower. I loved using some cute clipart from Sarah at the Hazel Owl.

2. Last week I introduced contractions and we did contraction surgery using a wonderful pack from First Grade Fever by Christie. The kiddos had so much fun and loved being called Dr. so-and-so. 

3. Last Friday for some fraction fun we made play-doh. It was a blast and really good practice using fractions in real life. I used a recipe I found online for kool-aid play-doh. It smelled amazing! I did have to add way more flour and salt than the original recipe called for. After we made the play-doh the kiddos made shapes and practiced cutting them into halves, thirds and fourths. 


As you can see my table area was a HUGE mess when we finished! 

4. It's no secret that I love elephants. I get elephant pictures, keychains, and stuffed elephants all the time from my sweet kiddos. One darling gave me this sock elephant that she made over break for me. I about cried it was so sweet! I felt so loved!

5. In TPT news I finally finished my Ungrouping Unlimited unit. It's all about teaching students how to subtract using place value only, NOT borrowing! I can't wait to share some pictures of my kiddos work this week.




It includes:
- A parent letter explaining why ungrouping is so important
- A strategy poster
- A strategy example
- Put Borrow to Bed Activity & Poem
- Pre-Test
- Place Value Mats
-Subtraction Sort
- QR Crack the Code
- I SPY Subtract & Match
- Spinning Subtraction

Head on over to my TPT store to check it out. I hope it helps your students really understand subtraction of larger numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment